ACADEMY OF ENVIRONMENTAL STUDIES
An accredited, online high school that engages students in a rigorous environmental curriculum.
This unique program allows students to explore their interest in the environment through the study of conservation philosophy and methodology.
Students will gain the traditional and practical knowledge needed to create sustainable communities.
How it works:
- Students engage in an academic course of study that leads to a high school diploma
- In addition to the academic core required for graduation, students complete additional environmental topics for each course
- Students also participate in environmentally focused projects through Independent Study (IDS)
- A high school diploma with a concentration in Environmental Studies is awarded upon completion
- The Environmental Studies concentration is noted on the diploma and transcripts
Independent Study and Career Development:
- While not required, students will be offered additional independent study and career development programs to help develop additional skills.
- Students are assigned an Academic Advocate that has a background in Environmental Studies.
- Students and advocates meet virtually on a quarterly basis for mentoring and Independent Study sessions.
- During their Junior or Senior year, advocates help students to obtain a volunteer position for an environmental nonprofit (this is not required to graduate).
E-mail Brandy@ogburn.org for more information.
SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW
Fill in your info and an Admissions Adviser will call you shortly!
"*" indicates required fields
Anatomy & Physiology
Psychology (12th grade only)
Service Learning I & II
Independent Study Elective
American Sign Language 1 & 2**
French 1 & 2**
Spanish I & II **
Liberal Arts Math
Math for College Readiness
Special Topics in Math
Probability & Statistics
Economics w/ Financial Literacy
Career Research & Decision Making
Personal Financial Literacy